At last night’s council meeting, the election of the new mayor and special committee chairs took place, as well as councillor assignments to the large number of internal and external committees, alliances and other groups.
Cr Coral Ross was elected as mayor and Cr Phillip Healey returned for a second year as chair of the Urban Planning Special Committee. We broke new ground in the Services Special Committee, with Cr Steve Hurd to serve as chairperson until the 12th May 2014 and myself to serve as chair for the remainder of the term.
The other internal assignments that I was appointed to are as below:
- Communications and Engagement Committee
- Boroondara Sports Complex Steering Committee (chair)
- Citizen and Young Citizen of the Year Advisory Group
- Boroondara Eisteddfod Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Volunteer Resource Centre Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Young People’s Strategy Advisory Group
- Social and Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
I was also re-appointed as Boroondara’s representative to the following external groups:
- Victorian Local Governance Association
- Eastern Region Affordable Housing Alliance
- Doncaster Rail Study Local Government Group (also with Cr Healey and Cr Hurd)