At last night’s council meeting, council elected the mayor and committee chairs for 2015-16. We also appointed councillors to the large number of internal and external committees, alliances and other groups.
Cr Jim Parke (Bellevue Ward) was elected as mayor for the next year and Cr Steve Hurd (Glenferrie Ward) returned for a second year as chair of the Services Special Special Committee. I was honoured to be elected as chair of the Urban Planning Special Committee for 2015-16.
The other internal assignments that I was appointed to are as below:
- Statutory Planning Advisory Committee
- Balwyn Library Redevelopment Steering Committee
- North East Community Hub Steering Committee
- Boroondara Sports Complex Steering Committee (chair)
- Information Systems Reference Group
- Boroondara Eisteddfod Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Boroondara Community Strengthening Grants Assessment Panel
- Boroondara Young People’s Strategy Advisory Group
- Social Housing Advisory Committee
- Creating an Age Friendly Boroondara Reference Group
- Library Services Advisory Committee
I was also re-appointed as Boroondara’s representative to the following external groups:
- Victorian Local Governance Association
- Metropolitan Transport Forum
- Doncaster Rail Study Local Government Group (also with Cr Healey and Cr Hurd)
Finally, I was also appointed as representative to the Friends of Same, a great local group who work to support our sister city in East Timor.